Comoros Red Crescent
Information about the National Society
Recognition by the RC/RC Movement: 2005
Volunteers: 15 000
Salaried employees: 11
The national headquarters of the Comoros Red Crescent (CRCo) is in Moroni, and three regional branches are each located on Grande Comore, Anjouan and Moheli islands. The warehouse, built in 2013 with help from the French Development Agency, can store 80 tonnes of relief supplies.
CRCo is active in the areas of youth, first aid, health, the promotion of humanitarian values and principles, capacity building, water and sanitation (WatSan), disaster risk management, and the assessment of community-level vulnerabilities and capacities. CRCo also encourages young people to engage in income-generating activities.
It provides several types of continuing education courses:
- Community-based health training: educating communities about adopting hygiene measures to prevent epidemics (malaria and cholera control programme alongside the country’s health authorities)
- Training to promote humanitarian values and principles
- Training about water and sanitation (WatSan)
- First aid training
- Training in disaster preparedness and response: multidisciplinary at local and national level (NDRT, BDRT, CDRT etc.).
- National Society capacity building
- Improving the most vulnerable’s health
- Disaster Risk Management
- Information and dissemination of IHL , promotion of humanitarian principles and values
Address : Avenue de la Ligue des États Arabes
BP 240 MORONI – Union des Comores
Phone : + 269 73 06 64 //+ 269 73 35 16
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org